Rules of the Bellefonte Little League Duck Derby
Presented by Bellefonte and Vicinity Little League (referred to as Presenter), a 501 (c) nonprofit organization
- Ducks will be launched into Bellefonte Spring at Talleyrand Park in Bellefonte PA at approximately 1:00 p.m. on Saturday, June 15, 2019.
- All ducks entered will be provided by the Presenter and will remain the property of the Presenter.
- Once the ducks are launched, they are on their own. No attempt to free or interfere with any duck is permitted, unless deemed necessary by the Presenter. The race course will close 30 minutes after the first duck has crossed the finish line and/or been gathered into duck traps. Any ducks finishing after that time will not be eligible for prizes.
- Numbers will be attached to each duck corresponding to a Ducky Derby ticket number. A cash prize will be awarded to a person or organization whose ticket number matches the number on one of the top three ducks across the finish line. An official ticket stub must confirm the name of the ticket holder and ticket number. Positive identification will be required to claim any prize won. The holder of the ticket with the number of the first place duck will win $1,000. The holder of the second place ticket number will win $500. The holder of the third place ticket number will win $250.
- Prizes will be awarded in order of finish to the ticket holder who is 18 years of age or older, or to a winning minor’s parent or legal guardian.
- Should the winning duck be an “orphan”, it will be disqualified as a prize winner, and the race judge will continue to remove ducks from the duck trap in the order they are trapped until an adopted winning duck is selected. Qualified winning ducks will be selected until all prizes are gone.
- The completed entry portion of each Race Adoption Paper must be received by an authorized representative of the Presenter by 12:30 p.m. on Saturday, June 15, 2019. The ticket stub portion of each Ducky Derby ticket must be completely filled out by the ticket holder and returned to the Bellefonte Little League or third party ticket seller at the time of the donation and prior to the race for a ticket to be eligible to win a prize. A limited number of tickets will be available. Entrant assumes the risk of non-delivery of any entries to an authorized representative of the Bellefonte Little League Duck Derby. Entries received after 12:30 p.m. on June 15, 2019 are subject to the risk of being labeled as non-delivery, and maybe voided by the Presenter.
- The Presenter reserves the right to limit the number of Ducky Derby tickets purchased per individual or organization.
- Presenter requests a donation of $10 per entry to benefit the Bellefonte and Vicinity Little League, a nonprofit organization. Free entries defeat the charitable fundraising purpose of this event and are not encouraged. However, no purchase is necessary. One free entry per person can be obtained by mail post marked no later than June 10th, 2019 Presenter's mailing address: PO Box 517 Bellefonte, PA 16823. Request for free entries will not be accepted with a post mark date after Monday, June 10, 2019.
- Winners will be announced at Talleyrand Park following the conclusion of the race on June, 15, 2019 at approximately 30 minutes after the conclusion of the race, and posted on our social media accounts and website. Race winners need not be present to win. Winners will be notified by mail or telephone if needed. If any winner does not claim their prize within 30 days of race date, the presenter will claim the prize and collected it as a kind donation in the winner’s name.
- Any and all taxes and similar fees are the sole responsibility of prize winner.
- By entering, entrants release Presenter, its representatives, sponsors, and all other related from any and all liability with respect to prizes and to bodily injury or damage to property on the event site and surrounding parking areas, whether or not due to negligence of the Presenter, sponsors, and their officers, directors, staff and other related entities.
- By entering, a winner consents to the promotional use of their names and likenesses without compensation.
- Chances of winning depend on the total number of qualified entries.
- This event is subject to all federal, state and local taxes and regulations and is void where prohibited by law.
- All decisions are interpretations of rules and regulations will be made by Presenter and its judgment is final.
- In case of inclement weather, acts of God or other circumstances, the Presenter reserves the right to postpone or reschedule the race, or determine winners by a random drawing, at its sole discretion. The winners will be notified by telephone or by mail.