Founded by a small group, lead by Frank Webster on February 17th, 1949, Bellefonte Little League became one of the areas first sanction Little League programs. Mr. Webster was elected the first League president and served in that capacity for a number of years. Soon after the league's founding, a suitable field was purchased by the Bellefonte Borough on behalf of the League. Since 1949, Bellefonte Little League has been providing a healthful activity, for the areas boys and girls ages 4 to 12, while promoting an appreciation for good sportsmanship, teamwork and discipline. In 1964 the original field was named Webster Field in honor of Mr. Webster. A second field was constructed along with a new concession stand in 1987. To this day the original field Frank Webster help founded, along with field two, plays host to league schedule games, league championships, district games, district championships and mid summer tournaments. The league was proud to celebrate its 65th year of operation with some of the original players from 1949. Opening ceremonies started with an open speech by Judge Charles Brown Jr. and ended with an opening pitch from Frank Webster Jr. using the original baseball that started the league in 1949.
The league's first major league champion was a team sponsored by Foresman’s Olds, this was the team's only championship for this sponsor. A complete listing of league champions can be found by clicking here.
1958 the Bellefonte 11 and 12 year old Little League All Star team won the Pennsylvania State Championship. Bellefonte was the first Centre County area little league to capture the state title. A recap of the state championship game and other championship postseason teams can be found under the Hall of Fame section of this web site. Since 1958 the boys and girls of Bellefonte Little League went on to capture a total of, nine district championships, two section championships and one state championship.